We are a small, locally owned San Francisco tour company breaking into the cannabis industry. With our sister business Green Dream Tours(opens in a new tab), we specialize in wine tours of the Napa and Sonoma Valleys. We have welcomed thousands of guests on our wine tours and gained TripAdvisor Hall of Fame status thanks to countless glowing reviews. We hope to have the same success with this adventure as well!
We value our guides
We know that it’s our guides that truly deliver a spectacular tour experience — a happy guide means happy guests! We strive to be a great place to work so that each of our guides feels valued and content and can in turn let their fun and outgoing personality shine through during their tours.
Being a Green Dream Cannabis Tours guide
Our guides stand out from the crowd by providing personalized attention and plenty of information — and best of all, they keep the tour fun! We’ll snag some snapshots of our guests with their family and friends on the tour to document their time with us. We take the time on every tour to chat with each guest to get to know them and connect with them on a personal level. We continually check in with them to make sure they’re enjoying the day, and we make recommendations on things to do and places to go while they’re in the area. We pride ourselves on being much more than tour guides!
We’re looking for outgoing, fun, friendly, and personable guides who are also professional. You must be willing to go out of your way for guests, be enthusiastic, and always do the best job possible. Guides must be flexible and willing, self-motivated, organized, systematic, and detail-oriented. We think this is one of the greatest and most enjoyable jobs in the world, and we want you to think the same! We think you’ll LOVE this dream position since your “office” will be the beautiful Bay Area!
Click on any section to learn more
- Tour guide experience and/or driving experience is mandatory
- Cannabis industry experience and knowledge is preferred but not mandatory
- Must have a current California Commercial Class B license with a passenger endorsement or must be able to obtain one — we may be able to help you in this process
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Must have a relatively clean driving record
- Full-time and part-time positions available year-round
- Guides work 1-5 days per week
- Public tours are about 4 hours (about 9AM to 1PM), private tours can be 4-8 hours (9AM to 1PM or 5PM)
- Must be available on weekends (some exceptions can be made)
- Must be available to be on-call some days
- Managing group dynamics, especially when there is a diverse group from different cultural backgrounds and generations
- Breaking the ice for groups, getting them chatting with each other, setting the tone of the day and tour
- Language barriers
- Staying on schedule without making the group feel rushed
- Maintaining a balance between fun and educational tours
- Reading groups and adjusting your guiding style to fit different needs, desires, and expectations
- Salary is $200 per day for full day tours + tips. Tips are typically $50 to $150+ per day
- Salary is $100-150 for half-day tours + tips
- Training wage is $15 per hour (training is typically around 10 days)
San Francisco-based Green Dream Cannabis Tours is locally owned and has a staff of 6-10 depending on the time of year. We are looking for guides who are team players and have a commitment to unparalleled customer service. Guides must be fun yet professional with an ability to help guests enjoy the world of cannabis to its fullest.
Tour guide experience and/or driving experience is mandatory. All guides must have or obtain a California Commercial Class B license with a passenger endorsement. We do not offer formal training to acquire your CDL, but we can offer advice, support, and assistance. You may be able to practice driving in our vehicles and use one of our vehicles for your DMV road test. Experience with and knowledge of cannabis and the industry is preferred but not mandatory.
Guides work 1-5 days a week (part-time and full-time positions). Guides typically work 9AM to 1PM or 5PM.
Most tours are run in 14-passenger 2013-2018 Ford E450 mini buses. Our fleet also includes an 11-passenger Nissan van, a 14-passenger Ford Transit, and a 26-passenger bus. Experience with the larger bus is preferred but not mandatory.
The Green Dream Cannabis Tours fleet is housed at a lot on 16th Ave. and San Bruno Street in San Francisco. This is where you would pick up and drop off vehicles. You may park your own vehicle in our lot while you are working. We have trailers here where we keep supplies. Administration, booking, and marketing are handled through virtual offices at each staff member’s home.
For first-year guides, you will be paid $200 per day for full-day tours and $100-150 for half-day tours. Tips typically range from $50 to $150+ per day. Guides are given bonuses and annual raises based on guest reviews, safe driving, and completion of peak season commitment.
Guides are paid by the 5th of each month through direct deposit. We are “at-will” employment, and you will receive a W2. Of course, the guides are further compensated by tips from guests. Our website and pre-trip emails to guests encourage tipping!
Yes, but guides must be able to work a minimum of 1-3 days a week for Green Dream Cannabis Tours and be available on weekends. We would consider exceptions to this on a case-by-case basis.
The Green Dream Tours staff meets about four times a year. There will be a mandatory all-staff meeting in May to kick off the new peak season. The other three non-mandatory staff gatherings are typically casual dinner parties where we have drinks and share guiding stories.